Search Ottawa County, Michigan

Community Action Agency

Community Action Agency Emergency Food AssistanceThe Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)

This program is quarterly distribution program.

Food is distributed to the general low-income population through sites located in Holland, Grand Haven, Coopersville and Hudsonville.

Residents of Ottawa County who meet income guidelines are eligible for this program.

For more information call (616) 393-4433 or 1 (800) 764-4111 ext. 4433.

Distribution Centers / Dates

TEFAP Commodity Distribution Schedule
Program Year 2016/2017


Grand Haven/Coopersville: July 22, 2016
Holland/Hudsonville: July 29, 2016
October 28, 2016


January 29, 2017
April 28, 2017
Grand Haven/Coopersville: July 21, 2017
Holland/Hudsonville: July 28, 2017

Community Action House
345 West 14th Street           
Holland, MI  49423
(616) 392-2368
Open:  2:00-4:00pm

St. Patrick’s Catholic Church
920 Fulton St.
Grand Haven, MI 49417
(616) 842-8230
Open:  10:00am-12 Noon

Hudsonville Congregational UCC
4950 32nd Ave.
Hudsonville, MI 49426
(616) 393-4433
Open: 1:00-3:00pm

Church of the Savior
180 N. 68th Ave
Coopersville, MI 49404
(616) 997-8050
Open: 10:00am -12 Noon

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) in Michigan
2016 Income Eligibility Guidelines
(Revised 4/4/2016)
Effective March 28, 2016

Based on 200 Percent of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines

Household Size Annual Monthly Weekly
1 $23,760 $1,980 $457
2 $32,040 $2,670 $616
3 $40,320 $3,360 $775
4 $48,600 $4,050 $935
5 $56,880 $4,740 $1,094
6 $65,160 $5,430 $1,253
7 $73,460 $6,122 $1,413
8 $81,780 $6,815 $1,573
For each additional
family member
$8,320 $693 $160

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S.

Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an EEO or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

Persons with disabilities who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.