Tax Assistance Program
CAA provides free tax preparation for Ottawa County residents who qualify. Qualified applicants are helped on a first-come first-served basis.
Recipients must call CAA at (616) 393-4433 to make an appointment.
How Do I Qualify?
Assistance is based on income guidelines, please see the chart below. These figures represent 2015 income guidelines and may change annually.
|Tax Preparation - Income Guidelines|
|Family Size||Annual Income|
|Add for each additional family member|
What to Bring With You:
- Valid picture ID
- Social security cards for you, your spouse and children
- W-2 forms from all jobs held in tax year
- Department of Human Services/Federal Insurance Agency statements or letters, if you received assistance or provided childcare
- Child support annual statements
- Social security statements if any
- 1099 forms and proof of other income received:
- 1099-G forms for unemployment received
- 1099-INT or DIV for interest of dividends
- 1099-R for pension income
- 1099-MISC for self-emploument income
- Amount you paid in rent, and landlord's name and address
- Mortgage interest statements and copies of your property tax bills if you own your home
- Home heating costs for the tax year
- Bank account number and bank routing number for direct deposit of your refund
- IRS of state notices received during tax year
- A copy of your previous year's tax return - if you have one
- Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement for Affordable Care Act