Community Action Agency

Community Action Agency WeatherizationHome Weatherization Assistance

This is a free program for those individuals or families who qualify. Those who qualify will have a home inspection provided by OCCAA at which time the necessary weatherization tasks will be determined. Afterwards the qualified family will be connected with a licensed weatherization contractor who will perform the home weatherization. 

Weatherization tasks include but are not limited to: attic insulation, wall insulation, floor insulation, weatherstripping, window caulking, other minor home repairs.

Homes will feel more comfortable and help keep your family healthy. Improved weatherization will help recipients keep cool during the summer and warm in the winter and reduce air leaks. It can also help reduce heating fuel bills.

Easy, do-it-yourself tips include:

  • installing rubber gaskets behind outlet and switch plates on exterior walls,
  • washing only full loads of clothes,
  • caulking, sealing, and weatherstrip all seams, cracks and openings to the outside
  • turning off lights in rooms you are not using.

Who Qualifies?

To qualify for this assistance a family’s home may not have been weatherized by the use of this program before since Sept. 30, 1994. The family must apply in person at CAA and be income-eligible. Homeowners and renters both qualify if they are not living in an apartment complex or ineligible property.

Property that is ineligible includes homes which have received Weatherization assistance in the past. Income limits change annually so please call (616) 393-5606, or visit CAA for answers to your questions.

Weatherization Program - Income Guidelines
Family Size Three Month Income
1 $5,940
2 $8,010
3 $10,080
4 $12,150
5 $14,220
6 $16,290
7 $18,365
8 $20,445
9 $22,525
10 $24,605

How Do I Qualify?

Please see the chart above; the numbers refer to 2015 only but provide a guideline. Income figures reflect maximum allowable income to qualify.

What to Bring With You:

  1. Proof of income for all working adults in the residence, for the past 3 months (most recent pay stub from employment with year to date information, benefit letter, etc.)

  2. Proof of household size (social security cards or birth certificates from everyone in the household)

  3. Photo ID of applicant

  4. Proof of home ownership (warranty deed, quit claim deed or title (or landlord packet filled out for renters)

  5. Gas/heat bill with account number

  6. Electric bill with account numb

Ottawa County Community Action Association


  • 12251 James St., Ste. 300
    Holland, MI 49424
  • Phone: (616) 393-4433
    Toll-free: 1 (800) 764-4111 Ext. 4433
    FAX: (616) 393-5612
  • Monday - Friday:
    8:00am - 5:00pm
  • Call 2-1-1 to get a list of resources closest to where you live 24 hours a day 7 days a week, including non-health care related needs.

Awareness Integrity Respect AIR