Partnership. Accountability. Training. Hope. (PATH)
The PATH program operates under the partnership collaboration of Ottawa County Department of Human Services (DHS), and Ottawa County Michigan Works!
The goal of the program is to provide services and opportunities to fundamentally change the way families move off
public assistance towards employment and economic self-sufficiency.
DHS determines eligibility and is responsible for referring participants to the PATH program.
- Assessments which include basic skills assessment, Work Interest Inventory, and job readiness assessment.
- Job Readiness activities will include preparing resumes or job applications, training in interviewing skills, instruction in work place expectations, and training in effective job seeking.
- Job Search will include a focus on making contact with potential employers, searching and posting of resumes on the Pure Michigan Talent Connect, submitting resumes and cover letters, and applying and interviewing for job openings.
- Short term and long term career counseling
- Supportive services and job retention activities