Additional information regarding financial obligations to 20th Circuit Court:
- Serving jail/prison time does not relieve defendant from the responsibility to pay financial obligation.
- Financial obligations assessed by the Court are due until paid. Time does not make them disappear. There is no statute of limitations on assessed fines, fees, costs, and restitution.
- Financial obligations assessed by Circuit Court are not discharged by bankruptcy.
- An Order to Remit Prisoner Funds for the Department of Corrections will be withdrawn when the defendant is paid in full. Questions about the amount paid should be directed to MDOC.
- Fifty-six (56) days after sentence date, a 20% late fee will be assessed to unpaid fines and costs in accordance with Michigan Compiled Law 600.4803; this fee does not apply to unpaid restitution balance.