• Officials & Departments
  • Online Services
  • Courts & Sheriff
  • County Parks
  • Property Resources
  • Documents Forms

Ottawa County Prosecuting Attorney

Child Support Unit

Grand Haven Office

Toni Sleutel, Child Support Investigator
414 Washington Avenue, Room 120
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Phone: (616) 846-8338
Fax: (616) 846-8178
Toll free: (888) 731-1001, ext. 8338

Holland Office

Amanda Westendorp, Child Support Investigator
85 West 8th Street, Suite 130
Holland, MI 49423
Phone: (616) 355-4339
Fax: (616) 355-4336
Toll free: (888) 731-1001, ext. 4339

The Ottawa County Prosecutor's Child Support Unit provides the following services:

  • Establish fatherhood
  • Establish child and/or medical support orders

We serve the residents of Ottawa County. These services provided free of charge on behalf of minor children. Services are available for families receiving public assistance through the Department of Human Services, DHS (formerly FIA), as well as to families who do not receive public assistance.

The Ottawa County Prosecutor's Child Support Unit DOES NOT:

  • Enforce custody or visitation orders
  • Enforce property settlement agreements
  • Assist in obtaining a divorce
  • Obtain or enforce restraining orders
  • Establish spousal support orders

The Ottawa County Friend of the Court assists with these matters.

Starting a Case

How do I start a case?
You must first contact the Michigan Department of Human Services to request or apply for services provided and they will assist you with the application. If necessary, they will attempt to locate an absent parent for you. Your case will be referred to the Prosecutor's Office and an appointment will be scheduled for you.

How do I contact DHS to begin?
You must contact a Child Support Specialist at DHS to begin the referral procedure. The number to call is (866) 540-0008.

What will happen at my appointment?
You will be notified of an appointment at the Prosecutor's Office. You must bring all necessary documents including a copy of a prior acknowledgment of paternity, your marriage certificate, government issued I.D. , and birth certificates. A questionnaire, if mailed with your appointment notice, must also be completed.

You will meet with a Child Support Investigator for an interview. A complaint for paternity and/or non support will be prepared for your review and signature. Your case will then be filed with the Circuit Court.

Related Links

State of Michigan
Department of Human Services - Child Support Website

Michigan State Disbursement Unit
Child support information Website


U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Office of Child Support Enforcement

Ronald Frantz
Prosecuting Attorney
Monday - Friday:
8:00am - 5:00pm

Grand Haven Office

414 Washington Ave,
Room 120
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Phone: (616) 846-8215
Fax: (616) 846-8178

Holland Office

85 West 8th Street,
Suite 130
Holland, MI 49423
Phone: (616) 392-1446
Fax: (616) 355-4336

Fillmore Office

12220 Fillmore,
Room 312
West Olive, MI 49460
Phone: (616) 738-4866
Fax: (616) 738-4889