What Does the Hiring Process Look Like at Ottawa County?
Applications submitted online are forwarded directly to the hiring managers for review. They are retained for one year but are not considered for future openings. Your application should be submitted no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date, as indicated for each position. If a position is listed as "until filled," you can check the status here.
It is the policy of Ottawa County that requests to mail applications not be honored, and unsolicited applications will not be considered for future openings.
The application process may take up to a half hour to complete. In preparation, please have the following information available:
- Education experience: name(s) of school, college, or university; degree completed; GPA; credit hours completed
- Previous employment: name of up to three current or previous employers; address; name and phone number of supervisor; dates of employment; beginning and ending salary or wages
- Professional references: name, company, title, address, and phone number of up to three references
- Personal information: social security number and driver's license or state ID number
- Resume and cover letter: cover letter and resume in .pdf, .bmp, .jpg, or .tif format
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at (616) 738-4800.
How to Apply
Review job opportunities and submit an application at miottawa.org/apply. You may apply for up to three positions at one time. A resume and cover letter are recommended, when submitting an online job application. These documents must be attached in PDF format. Free software, such as Primo PDF, is available to convert your documents.
Hiring Process and Information
Apply for a position.
View employment opportunities at miottawa.org/apply.
Hiring committee reviews applications.
This could take one week to a few months. Candidates are contacted for interviews. Check the status here.
Interviews and assessments are conducted.
A conditional offer of employment is made or additional interviews are scheduled.
Conditional offers move to full offers with the completion of background checks, references, and other reviews. Applicants are then notified that the position is filled.
Interviews may be held at any Ottawa County building. However, most interviews are held at the Human Resources Department in the Fillmore Administrative Building located at:
Ottawa County Human Resources Department
12220 Fillmore Street, Room 359
West Olive, MI 49460
To view a map of the Fillmore Campus, please click here. For interviews at the Fillmore Administrative Building, please take driveway C and park in the visitor lot.