In Kitchen & Store Services, we prepare meals and various treats for store sales, practice skills useful in the food service business and many other tasks including:
- Prepare, cook and serve a variety of meals.
- Plan a monthly menu and develop a shopping list.
- Serve meals to other members and clear tables.
- Help with cleaning the kitchen by doing dishes, cleaning the counters and the stove.
- Practice dining etiquette and setting a formal table.
The Lakeshore store provides our members an opportunity to learn how a simple store operates as well as providing refreshments and snacks to our members, staff and visitors.
- Ring up daily sales and lunch order on the cash register.
- Take inventory of store and restock shelves.
- Utilize customer service skills.
- Prepare and serve coffee to store customers.
- Keep record of daily store sales on sales log.