Also known as River Park, this landing with a picnic pavilion was established by the Grand River Boat Line as a stop-over for its steamships (1906). Boynton's Farm was also known to be a favorite picnic area for excursions by churches and the Grand Rapids Board of Trade. Today, the picnic grounds have been restored by landowner Bill Boynton, who also owns and operates the Grand Lady, a modern riverboat with two stern paddlewheels constructed in the style of the steamboats that plied the Grand River in the 1800's. Sources: Donald W. Linebaugh, Dr. Carl Bajema and James Ponshair