Luke Lowing, son of Stephen Lowing at Ohio Dock, was born in 1843 and eventually located on land down river on the "lower farm" owned by his father, approximately one mile downstream of Ohio Dock. He built a small house and expanded it when a raft of unmarked lumber floated down the river and landed at his bank. He cleared 20 acres and planted wheat and later planted the first peach orchard. Luke's daughter Nellie married George Hubbard in 1892 and they purchased the farm from Luke. They added many other varieties of fruit trees and vineyards and gradually rebuilt the house following an architect's plans. The house, which still stands today, was a popular stop for boaters traveling the river. Source: Dorothy Hubbard Skinner