Located within what is now Grand River Park, Ohio Dock or Stephen Lowing Landing was the site of three sawmills built at different times by Stephen Lowing. Stephen Lowing arrived in Ottawa County from New York and purchased 80 acres of land before returning to New York. He returned to the Grand River valley by boat in 1841 with a team of oxen, farming and lumbering equipment and built a crude house. Over time he built a lumber camp, a series of saw mills with a mill pond, a boarding house, a store and a post office. He served as the first post-master in Georgetown from 1850-1854. With so many activities in his settlement, it became known as the "Beehive" by area residents. Sources: Donald W. Linebaugh, Dr. Carl Bajema and James Ponshair