Stoddard's Landing was located on the northeast bank of the Grand River across from the mouth of Ottawa Creek. Located on the road between Tallmadge and Lamont, the small landing was listed in the name of A. Stoddard in 1864 and later H.A. Stoddard and William Stoddard. The Stoddards are believed to have planted the first fruit trees in Ottawa County. Sources: Donald W. Linebaugh, Dr. Carl Bajema and James Ponshair