NOTICE: As of 2023, we will no longer be offering a physical permit (sticker or hangtag).
When can we buy an annual permit?
We are currently implementing the pay stations and mobile website, so we are unable to sell annual motor vehicle permits at this time. When we are able to sell the digital motor vehicle permits, we will share the news via email and social media. You can sign up to receive an email by subscribing here.
Motor Vehicle Fees & Boat Launch Fees
Ottawa County Parks collects parking fees from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day at the following parks:
- North Beach Park
- Olive Shores
- Kirk Park
- Rosy Mound Natural Area
- Tunnel Park
- Kouw Park*
- Windsnest Park*
- Riverside Park (boat launch only)
*In 2023, Ottawa County Parks will begin managing Kouw and Windsnest Parks per a management agreement with Port Sheldon Township. The township will be subsidizing the cost of an annual motor vehicle permit for their residents. Read more about this change by clicking here.
Several options are available to our visitors:
Annual permits are $25. There are additional discounts for residents and resident seniors.
- Discounted to $15 for Ottawa County residents
- Discounted to $9 for Ottawa County resident seniors age 60+
- Discounted to $10 for Port Sheldon Township residents and $4 to Port Sheldon Township Seniors (this discount is subsidized by Port Sheldon Township)
- Bridge Card holders in Michigan, who have received benefits in the last 18 months can receive one free annual motor vehicle permit per household. Cardholder must present both their Bridge Card and ID when purchasing their permit.
- Daily motor vehicle fee is $8 per vehicle
How can I purchase my motor vehicle permit?
When available, there will be two ways you can purchase your digital permit:
- Online - visitors will be able to register their license plate and pay for their annual or daily motor vehicle permit online using a mobile-friendly website. Utilizing this will allow users to verify their residency and birthday, so they are able to receive discounts they are eligible for before visiting the park. This will be the only method to purchase discounted motor vehicle permits!
- On-site - pay stations will be installed at all lakeshore beach parks including the two new parks we will be managing for Port Sheldon Township. Visitors can purchase a digital permit by registering their license plate for a day or a year using the pay station. Annual permits sold at the pay stations will be $25; daily permits will be $8. The fee stations are not able to determine residency, so no discounted permits will be sold at these stations.
How will you know that I've purchased my permit when I park?
The fee machines and mobile website will sync in real-time to a handheld device used by park staff to verify if a permit has been purchased or not. If you do not have a valid daily or annual permit, you will be ticketed.Park Rules »