Ottawa County Parks & Recreation
Grand Haven, MI 49417
DirectionsFrom M-45, travel four miles north on 104th Avenue then east on North Cedar Drive to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Boat launch (fee required)
- Picnic shelter (reservable)
- Barrier free fishing dock
- Picnic tables & grills
- Rustic toilets
- *Barrier free facilities include the picnic shelter, boat launch, fishing dock and toilets.
MapThis map shows amenities, parking areas, features and trails. With nearly one mile of frontage along the south bank of the Grand River, this 64 acre park is the perfect place for picnicking, boating or fishing. The park includes a boat launch (fee required), picnic shelter, large pond with a barrier free fishing dock and over 1,000 feet of grassy picnic area along the riverbank. Fishing is allowed along the riverbank and from the edge of the pond.
HoursMarch 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm
October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
FeesThere are no entry fees to the park, however, there is a self-serve boat launch fee that is strictly enforced. Vehicles with an Ottawa County Parks Annual Vehicle Permit do not have to pay the boat launch fee.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in restrooms, picnic shelters, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners should note that hunting is allowed on the 30 acre peninsula extending to the east on land that is leased from the state.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.
Parks Visitor Center
- The Nature
at Hemlock Crossing
8115 West Olive Road
West Olive, MI 49460
- Tuesday - Saturday:
9:00am - 5:00pm
12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Phone: (616) 786-4847
- Pigeon Creek Hotline: (616) 738-9531
- Room 267
12220 Fillmore St.
West Olive, MI 49460
- Monday - Friday:
8:00am - 5:00pm
- Phone: (616) 738-4810
Fax: (616) 738-4812
- In Ottawa County:
(888) 731-1001 ext.4810
General Park Hours*March 1 - October 15
7:00am - 10:00pm
October 16 - February 28
7:00am - 8:00pm