Kirk Park Lodge Overnight
- Rustic indoor facility available in fall/winter for overnight outings for groups from recognized organizations*
- Kitchen with refrigerator, electric stove, and sink (kitchen wares not provided)
- Restrooms available
- Wood bunks for 24 people (pads recommended but not provided)
- Heat and electrical outlets throughout building
- Fireplace (wood provided)
- Outdoor deck with nearby grill and group fire pit
- Accessibility limitations due to steep slope leading up to building and narrow doorways
Dates AvailableJanuary 1 - April 30 and September 8 - December 31
Times AvailableOvernight from 3:00pm - Noon
Reservation Fee$50 - Ottawa County Residents
$70 - Non-County Residents
*Organizations will be verified by Parks office.
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products. Decorations may be adhered using painter’s tape, Command™ strips, or floral wire and must be completely removed after the event.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- There are a fireplace and fire pit both available for use with reservations. Wood is not provided. Fires must be thoroughly extinguished before the end of the reservation.
Facility Opening/ClosingThe facility will only be available at the times shown on your rental confirmation form. In order to avoid open and unoccupied buildings, please be as accurate as possible when you select an arrival and departure time. You may not see a staff person when you arrive, but the building will be open at the time that you selected. An electronic keypad gives each group the ability to leave and return throughout your reservation period.
Parks staff will:
- Make sure your facility is ready and open on time.
- Clean floors and take out trash after your reservation.
You (the renter) would be responsible for:
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Placing all trash in the bins that are provided.
- Cleaning up any spills or messes.
- Wiping down tables and removing all belongings at the end of the reservation.