Kirk Park Lodge Picnic Shelter
We are updating our facility reservation system! We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to take reservations for events in 2019 until after our new system is live. Please note that pricing may change for facilities. You are still able to reserve a facility for dates in 2018. Please call the Parks Administrative Office with questions: 616-738-4810. If you would like to receive an email when we are able to accept 2019 reservations, click here.
- Covered picnic area with cement floor
- Picnic table seating for up to 80 people
- Large group grill
- Two electrical outlets
- Fully accessible
Dates AvailableLast Saturday in May through second Saturday in October
Times AvailableMonday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Sunday: 9:00am - 9:30pm
Holidays: 9:00am - 9:30pm
Reservation Fee$60 - Ottawa County Residents
$90 - Non-County Residents
If not reserved, Picnic Shelter is available on a first come basis.
Vehicle entrance fees in effect from Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day (Monday). Parking is not guaranteed for any event.
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products. Decorations may be adhered using painter’s tape, Command™ strips, or floral wire and must be completely removed after the event.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- Piñatas are allowed; however, a tarp or sheet must be placed under it to ensure everything is cleaned up after the reservation.
- There is a fee to bring in an amusement (such as a bouncy house, dunk tank, etc.) and these items must be approved in advance. Proof of liability insurance and a completed liability release form are required. Please contact the Parks Office for more information.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- There is a fee to enter the park from Memorial weekend through Labor Day. Please notify your guests. (LINK TO http://miottawa.org/Parks/fees_rules.htm)
Facility Opening/ClosingThe facility will only be available at the times listed on your rental confirmation form. You may not see a staff person when you arrive.
Parks staff will:
- Make sure your facility is ready on time.
- Clean and take out trash after your reservation.
You (the renter) would be responsible for:
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Placing all trash in the bins that are provided.
- Removing all belongings at the end of the reservation.