Riverside Park Picnic Shelter
- Covered picnic area with cement floor
- Picnic table seating for up to 50 people
- Large group grill
- No electricity, potable water, or modern restrooms available
- Fully accessible
Last Saturday in May through last Saturday in September
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Sunday: 9:00am - 9:30pm
Holidays: 9:00am - 9:30pm
$40 - Ottawa County Residents
$70 - Non-County Residents
If not reserved, Picnic Shelter is available on a first come basis.
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products. Decorations may be adhered using painter’s tape, Command™ strips, or floral wire and must be completely removed after the event.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- Piñatas are allowed; however, a tarp or sheet must be placed under it to ensure everything is cleaned up after the reservation.
- There is a fee to bring in an amusement (such as a bouncy house, dunk tank, etc.) and these items must be approved in advance. Proof of liability insurance and a completed liability release form are required. Please contact the Parks Office for more information.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- There is no running water in the park. Rustic restroom facilities are available.
- There is a $5.00 fee to use the boat launch at Riverside Park, unless your vehicle has an Ottawa County Parks annual permit.
The facility will only be available at the times listed on your rental confirmation form. You may not see a staff person when you arrive.
Parks staff will:
- Make sure your facility is ready on time.
- Clean and remove trash after your reservation.
You (the renter) would be responsible for:
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Placing all trash in the bins that are provided.
- Removing all belongings at the end of the reservation.