Hager Park VanderLaan Room
See Showings Policy below.
- Kitchen with refrigerator, electric stove, microwave, and sink (kitchen wares not provided)
- Indoor facility with outdoor patio area (south side of building)
- Restrooms in back of room/fully accessible restrooms in foyer
- Rectangular tables and chairs
- Heated/air-conditioned and electrical outlets throughout building
- Fully accessible
Rental Times & Fees
Available Year Round
Indoor Capacity: 100
|Monday-Thursday||10:00am - 9:30pm||$180 / $30 per additional hour||$246 / $41 per additional hour|
|Friday-Sunday, Holidays||10:00am - 9:30pm||$240 / $40 per additional hour||$324 / $54 per additional hour|
Base rate includes 6 hours | $100 refundable security deposit required
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- There is a fee to bring in an amusement (such as a bouncy house, dunk tank, etc.) and these items must be approved in advance. Proof of liability insurance and a completed liability release form are required. Please contact the Parks Office for more information.
- Larger/specialty appliances are not allowed, such as cotton candy, popcorn, or ice cream machines. No more than one appliance is allowed per plug, including crock pots. Please do not use power strips for appliances, or the circuit breaker may trip.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
Set-up, decorating, and clean-up must be done within your rental time period. All decorations must remain within your rental area. All decorations, including any portable furniture/ structures, such as trellises, podiums, etc., must be contained within your rental area, must be completely removable and must not damage park property or trees in any way.
Aisle runners and portable dance floors are allowed but must be removed immediately following the reservation time period and may not be left overnight.
Wire stake signs are allowed at the entrance to the facility to indicate your event during your reservation time only. Signs and balloons may not be stapled, nailed, tied, or taped to light poles or park signs. It is the responsibility of the reservation holder to remove all signs at the end of the event.
What Is NOT Allowed
- No piñatas
- No flames/fire, including candles, tiki torches, sparklers, lanterns, firecrackers/fireworks, portable fire pits.
- Anything that could cause damage or leave evidence after the event, including but not
- NO Adhesives, including masking tape, scotch tape, duct tape, glue, hot glue, painters tape or 3M command strips.
- Sidewalk chalk, paint, color bombs
- Objects/lanterns released into air/water
- Sprinkled decorations of any kind, including confetti, glitter, birdseed, rice, or artificial flower petals
- Tacks, staples, nails, screws, zip ties or anything that would damage structures or trees
- Ground cover or any material that could suffocate grass
- Free-floating balloons. Balloons must be securely tied to weights and must be taken home with you. (do not stuff inflated balloons in trash bags)
What IS Allowed
- LED or battery-powered candles
- Bubbles in spill-proof containers
- Real flower petals
- Potted plants and flower arrangements (real or artificial)
- Draped decorations, such as tulle or garland
- Free-standing decorations
- Sterno heating cans for buffet-style trays
- Wire stake signs are allowed at the entrance to the facility to indicate your event during your reservation time only (It is the responsibility of the reservation holder to remove all signs at the end of the event).
Tables & Chairs
- 14 8' long x 30” wide rectangular tables, with two extras for serving (33 total between both rooms)
- Patio seating includes six tables with bench seating for 4-6 people each.
- Chairs are molded plastic.
- No tables or chairs may be moved outside.
- No tent spikes due to underground irrigation lines. Must sandbag tents or use small pop-up tents (no fee for small pop-up tents).
- Allowed on back side of building only.
Grill & Pig Roast
There is one grill nearby that is 1.5' x 1.25'. You may bring your own if it is kept on a hard surface.
May be used outdoors if kept on cement, gravel, or paved surface. Must have pan underneath to catch drippings. All waste from grilling/smoking/roasting including bones and grease must be removed from the site after the event. Please do not use our dumpster.
Alcoholic Beverages & Rules
Alcohol is NOT allowed at this location.
The facility will only be available at the times listed on your rental confirmation form. You may not see a staff person when you arrive.
Parks Staff Responsibilities & Services
- Staff will have the facility clean, setup and open at your arrival time.
- Staff will have tables and chairs set up. You may rearrange them but need to return them to their original locations at the end of the reservation.
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Cleanup instructions are available at the facility as a guide to follow at the end of your event.
- We ask that you leave the facility in the condition you found it, including bagging all trash and depositing in the dumpster located in the parking lot. If you need assistance with this task let the staff person know when you arrive.
We encourage you to view the video walk and pictures here.
In person tours require advance appointments within two weeks of the reservation and will be accommodated as the facility schedule allows. Call (616) 738-4810 to make an appointment.
Each reservation, or potential reservation, has the option to take one, 30-minute tour of a facility for $25. Anyone involved in your event can attend this tour including caterer, decorator, etc.
If the person renting a facility cancels the reservation, the following policy applies
- 61+ days prior to the reservation: 80% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 31 to 60 days prior to the reservation: 50% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 0 to 30 days prior to the reservation: Reservation fee will not be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled. 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- No show, no call, or cancellation after the reservation date: Neither the reservation fee nor the deposit will be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled.
Exceptions to cancellation policy
- If the facility is unavailable due to a building maintenance issue (e.g. a fire, plumbing or HVAC issue, etc.), a natural disaster, pandemic, government restriction, or other problem outside of the control of both Ottawa County Parks and the renter, the renter would be offered a 90% refund of the reservation fee and 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost, or the funds may be placed on account for a future reservation, park program, or merchandise.
- If Ottawa County Parks chooses to cancel the reservation for any reason not listed above, 100% of all fees will be refunded, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost.