Ottawa County Parks & Recreation
Holland, MI 49424
From US-31, travel west on Lakewood Drive to Lakeshore Drive. Travel south on Lakeshore to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- North Picnic Shelter (reservable)
- South Picnic Shelter (reservable)
- Swimming Beach (NO LIFEGUARDS)
- Children's playground with dune climb
- Dune stairway
- Picnic tables & grills
- Seasonal vending machines
- Four sand volleyball courts
- Horseshoe pit
- Modern restrooms
- Barrier free facilities include both picnic shelters, restrooms, playground, some picnic tables and grills and trails to key use areas including through the tunnel to a beach overlook deck.
This map shows facilities, parking areas, features and trails. Along the shoreline of Lake Michigan, this popular 22 acre park is a great place for swimming, sunbathing and picnicking. In addition to the unique tunnel through a dune, this park has a children's playground complete with a dune climb and a stairway with scenic views of Lake Michigan.
Open April 1 until the first snowfall: 7am to 10pm
Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Please note that a Michigan “Recreation Passport” is not valid at County Parks. More about motor vehicle parking fees and permits.
- Dogs are not permitted at Tunnel Park May 1 through September 30.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, volleyball courts, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.
Parks Visitor Center
- The Nature
at Hemlock Crossing
8115 West Olive Road
West Olive, MI 49460
- Tuesday - Saturday:
9:00am - 5:00pm
12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Phone: (616) 786-4847
- Room 267
12220 Fillmore St.
West Olive, MI 49460
- Monday - Friday:
8:00am - 5:00pm
- Phone: (616) 738-4810
Fax: (616) 738-4812
- In Ottawa County:
(888) 731-1001 ext.4810
General Park Hours*March 1 - October 15
7:00am - 10:00pm
October 16 - February 28
7:00am - 8:00pm