COVID-19 Updates & Information from Public Health »

The Ottawa County Fillmore Complex in West Olive is currently without power, impacting its ability to serve customers.

This includes the Sheriff headquarters, Clerk, Register of Deeds and Treasurer offices as well as today's inmate visits at the jail and hearings in the West Olive court. Other locations such as Holland, Grand Haven and Hudsonville are operating and providing services and hearings.

More Information »

Legal Self-Help Center

About Us

The Legal Self-Help Center (LSHC) is a hub for information about civil (non-criminal) legal issues and court procedures in Ottawa County.

LSHC staff can:

Answer questions about court processes

Provide forms

Review forms for completeness

Provide information about community resources

LSHC staff cannot tell you your best course of action (legal advice). If you need legal advice, you must contact an attorney.

Representing yourself?

You must be able to:

  • Understand laws relevant to your issues
  • Understand court processes
  • Identify which court paperwork is correct for your purposes
  • Understand how to complete court paperwork
  • Complete all steps of the court process in a timely manner
  • Attend court hearings
  • Keep organized

Need an attorney?

Legal Aid

Legal Aid of Western Michigan is a nonprofit law firm providing free legal advice and representation in a broad range of areas including consumer cases, family matters, housing problems, government benefits, and much more.

Lawyer Referral

Attorneys listed on the websites linked below are not pro bono attorneys. In most instances, if you decide to hire an attorney, he or she will expect to be paid.

Ottawa County Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan