Ottawa County is enriched by building a diverse, inclusive and equitable community; a County where everyone belongs. The Diversity Forum promotes an inclusive culture and establishes a welcoming community for diverse populations.
Diversity Forum 2018 - Tools for Transforming Tomorrow
The 2018 Forum featured various leaders from several sectors, including: government, business, community and education. The Forum is an opportunity to hear diverse perspectives and enhance our ability to welcome, accept, affirm and respect others. Attendees were informed and inspired to build a society where all may participate, prosper and reach their greatest potential.
The 2018 Ottawa County Diversity Forum featured the following esteemed presenters:
- Leslie Boker, Grand Rapids Pride Center
- Abe Carillo, Herman Miller
- Gregory Conyers, State Bar Association
- Alfredo Hernandez, Michigan Department of Civil Rights
- Sheriff Steve Kempker, Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
- Barbara Lee VanHorssen, Momentum Center
- Stacey Trowbridge, Disability Network Lakeshore
- Whitney White, Project Manager, Talent 2025
- Rachel Cleveland, Project Manager, Talent 2025
- Vanessa Greene, Director of the Center for Diversity & Inclusion at Hope College