Pre-Bid Conference Open House
Learn how you can be a weatherization or home rehab contractor with OCCAA
December 2, 2022
12pm - 4pm
Ottawa County Community Action Agency aims to reduce the effects of financial hardships by promoting self-sufficiency and empowering individuals and families to achieve economic independence
How are we doing?
Please take a brief survey about your recent experience with Ottawa County Community Action Agency
- Weatherization - updating qualified homes to be more energy-efficient.
- Utility Assistance - assistance with utility bills, also assisted by Walk For Warmth funds.
- Tax Assistance - qualified households are provided tax assistance.
- Migrant Program - qualified migrant workers are provided emergency assistance.
- CSFP - Commodity Supplemental Food Program - USDA-provided 25 lb boxes of boxed and canned food to qualified households.
- Lower My Bill - (Holland) - Perform home energy audit to give ideas on reducing energy consumption and lowering energy bills for Holland BPW customers.
About Community Action Agency
The purpose of this agency is to help the individuals and families of Ottawa County who are struggling with financial self-sufficiency. Our programs are mainly related to housing and food issues. Many of the programs include loans or general assistance to participants, but generally the recipients must prove their economic sustainability. CAA assistance is meant to help individuals or families reach a point where theycan assist themselves without public funding.
The Community Action Agency is part of an extensive regional network of faith-based and non-profit agencies that work on a knowledgeable referral basis. If we cannot help a client, we will help that recipient find the appropriate channel to meet their needs.
Apply for Services
Toll-free: 1 (800) 764-4111, Ext. 4433
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Office hours by appointment only
- Proof of income for all adults in the home - examples include check stubs from last 30 days, child support, SSI, disability, DHS cash assistance, unemployment, etc.
- Proof of household size - examples include social security cards or birth certificates for all household members.
- Photo ID and social security card of the applicant.
- Shut off notice from utility company (if applying for Utility Assistance).