COVID-19 Updates & Information from Public Health »

The Ottawa County Fillmore Complex in West Olive is currently without power, impacting its ability to serve customers.

This includes the Sheriff headquarters, Clerk, Register of Deeds and Treasurer offices as well as today's inmate visits at the jail and hearings in the West Olive court. Other locations such as Holland, Grand Haven and Hudsonville are operating and providing services and hearings.

More Information »

Community Action Agency

Tax Assistance Program

ANNOUNCEMENT: To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Ottawa County Community Action Agency will NOT be running the VITA income tax assistance program in 2021. Please call 2-1-1 for help in finding another VITA tax preparation site. There is also a link to My Free Taxes below. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

CAA provides free tax preparation for Ottawa County residents who qualify. Qualified applicants are helped on a first-come first-served basis.


Recipients must call CAA at (616) 393-4433 to make an appointment.

How Do I Qualify?

Assistance is based on income guidelines, please see the chart below. These figures represent 2019 income guidelines and may change annually.

Tax Preparation - Income Guidelines

Family Size* Annual Income
1 $25,520
2 $34,480
3 $43,440
4 $52,400
5 $61,360
6 $70,320
7 $79,280
8 $88,240
Add for each additional family member $8,960
*Family size is determined by the number of people listed on the tax return.

Tax Preparation Assistance Locations

Ottawa County Community Action Agency
12251 James St., Ste. 300
Holland, MI 49424
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm

Grand Haven
St. Patrick-St. Anthony Catholic Parish
920 Fulton Street
(Outreach Center Entrance)
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Mondays 11:30 am – 5:00 pm

You can file both your federal and state returns for free using

What to Bring With You:

  1. Valid picture ID
  2. Social security cards for you, your spouse and children
  3. W-2 forms from all jobs held in tax year
  4. Department of Human Services/Federal Insurance Agency statements
  5. or letters, if you received assistance or provided childcare
  6. Child support annual statements
  7. Social security statements if any
  8. 1099 forms and proof of other income received:
    1. 1099-G forms for unemployment received
    2. 1099-INT or DIV for interest of dividends
    3. 1099-R for pension income
    4. 1099-MISC for self-emploument income
  9. Amount you paid in rent, and landlord's name and address
  10. Mortgage interest statements and copies of your property tax bills if you own your home
  11. Home heating costs for the tax year
  12. Bank account number and bank routing number for direct deposit of your refund
  13. IRS of state notices received during tax year
  14. A copy of your previous year's tax return - if you have one
  15. Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement for Affordable Care Act