Search Ottawa County, Michigan

Community Action Agency

Utility Assistance

Assistance is available for heat, electric and water to prevent loss of service. Households must have a notice of past due or disconnection, meet the income guidelines and have the ability to sustain the service in the future.

How to Apply for Services

Utility assistance requires an intake form which can be filled out with the CAA staff at the CAA office, by phone or by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Requests for assistance are handled in the order received. If eligible, an appointment will be scheduled for assistance.

Apply Now

12251 James St., Ste. 300
Holland, MI 49424
Phone: (616) 393-4433
Toll-free: 1 (800) 764-4111 Ext. 4433

Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Once an appointment is scheduled, please bring the following with you:

  • Proof of income for all adults in the residence (the most recent 30 days pay stubs, child support, SSI, disability, FIA, Unemployment)
  • Proof of household size (social security cards, or birth certificates for everyone in household)
  • Photo ID and social security card from applicant
  • Past due or shut off notice from utility company

This program is operated on funding from a variety of grants and the annual Walk for Warmth event. Assistance is subject to availability of those funds.