Home Weatherization Assistance
Information for Clients
This is a free program for individuals and homes that qualify. The program includes an inspection that will determine what eligible Weatherization activities will be performed. A licensed contractor will complete these measures and a post inspection will be done for quality assurance.
Weatherization tasks may include things like attic insulation, wall insulation, floor insulation, weatherstripping, window caulking, other minor home repairs.
Weatherization can make your home feel more comfortable and help keep your family healthy. Weatherization can help homes keep cool during the summer and warm in the winter and reduce air leaks. It can also help reduce heating fuel and electric bills.Verify Your Eligibility
To qualify for this assistance a family’s home may not have been weatherized by the use of this program in the last 15 years. The household must complete an application with CAA and be income eligible. Homeowners (including mobile homes) and renters may qualify if they meet program guidelines.
Income limits change annually. Please call (616) 393-5610 with any questions about the program.
|Weatherization - 2023 Income Guidelines|
|Family Size||Annual Income|
What to Bring With You:
- Proof of income for all working adults in the residence, for the past 3 months (most recent pay stub from employment with year to date information, benefit letter, etc.)
- Proof of household size (social security cards or birth certificates from everyone in the household)
- Photo ID of applicant
- Proof of home ownership (warranty deed, quit claim deed or title, or lease and landlord packet filled out for renters)
- Gas/heat bill with account number
- Electric bill with account number