“Changing Behaviors, Changing Lives"
20th Judicial Circuit
Ottawa County Recovery Court
414 Washington Street, Suite 300
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Phone: (616) 846-8352
FAX: (616) 846-8179
Honorable Mark A. FeyenRecovery Court Judge
Recovery Court Coordinator
Recovery Court Case Manager
To promote recovery and reduce criminal activity
As a leader among specialty courts, we provide evidence-based programming to all eligible individuals.
About the Ottawa County Recovery Court (OCRC)
The OCRC is a voluntary, intensive probation program that accepts defendants who are residents of Ottawa County and convicted of non-violent drug/alcohol related felonies in the 20 th Circuit Court.
The OCRC has been operating since 2005, has accepted over 275 participants, and has a 65% graduation rate. The OCRC is able to accommodate up to 55 participants and takes a minimum of 18 months to complete. We are funded through grants from the Michigan State Court Administrative Office, Bureau of Justice Assistance, and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
OCRC Documents & Forms
For more information please download and review the following documents:
OCRC Eligibility Criteria
A person referred to the OCRC must complete a thorough legal and clinical screening process to be considered for admission. The following criteria are used to determine eligibility:
20th Judicial Circuit Court Eligibility Requirements (reviewed by OCRC Coordinator)
- Age 18 or older.
- Legal resident of the United States.
- Resident of Ottawa County or City of Holland.
- Charge originates in Ottawa County.
- No pending charges in another jurisdiction.
- Not on probation/parole in another jurisdiction.
- Have not been a participant in a specialty court in the past 2 years.
- Have not been a participant in the OCRC within the past 3 years.
Legal Eligibility Requirements (reviewed by the Ottawa County Prosecutor’s Office)
- Must plead guilty to original charge.
- Link between offense and use of drugs or alcohol.
- No assaultive felony convictions.
- No criminal sexual conduct convictions.
- No more than 5 prior felony convictions of any kind.
- No more than 2 prior assaultive misdemeanor convictions.
- No more than 2 prior delivery of controlled substances convictions.
- No weapon used or possessed during commission of the crime.
Clinical Eligibility Requirements (reviewed by OCRC substance abuse treatment provider)
- Qualify for substance use treatment at the level of Intensive Outpatient (IOP) or higher.
- No health conditions that require continuous management with medical marijuana, opiate, or other narcotic medications.
- No mental illness requiring the long-term prescription of medication with addictive properties.
- No severe and persistent mental health diagnosis or significant cognitive impairment.