Ottawa County Courts
Hover or click each to define.
20th Circuit Court
The 20th Circuit Court trial division handles:
- Appeals from lower courts and administrative reviews of agency matters;
- Civil cases involving damage claims exceeding $25,000, claims for injunctions or other equitable relief, alternative dispute resolution and reopened cases;
- Criminal cases, both capital and non-capital felony;
- Personal Protection (unless reassigned to the Family Division due to an existing domestic relations case between the same parties);
- Business Court cases involving business or commercial disputes.
- Recovery Court.
The 20th Circuit Court family division includes the Friend of the Court and the Juvenile Court. The family division handles:
- Parenting Time
- Personal Protection Orders (PPOs)
- Name Changes
The Probate Court handles the following:
- Estate Proceedings
- Mental Health Proceedings
58th District Court
The 58th District Court handles a variety of cases, both criminal and non-criminal. Specific non-
criminal matters include:
For more information:
Michigan Courts: A Quick Reference Guide to the Trial Court System
Michigan Legal Help