This site contains links to forms for small claims cases. You must talk with an attorney if you need advice about what is best for your situation or case. Additional forms may be found at www.courts.mi.gov.
When to Use
- Someone owes you money or has caused damage to your property or possessions; and
- The maximum amount of your claim is $6,000.
- DC 84 – Affidavit and Claim, Small Claims
- DC 85 – Judgment/Dismissal, Small Claims
- DC 86 – Demand and Order for Removal, Small Claims
Where to File
You must look at the defendant’s zip code to determine where to file unless the small claims action arises out of a landlord/tenant case already being handled by the 58th district court. If there is already a landlord tenant case, the small claims action must be filed in the same location.
|Up to $600||$30|
|$601 - $1750||$50|
|$1751 - $6000||$70|