Plat Board Rules
Ottawa County Plat Board
Policies & Procedure for Review & Approval of Plats
Under Act 288 of the Public Acts of 1967 the Subdivision Control Act of 1967
Preliminary and final approval of all plats shall be considered at the regular bimonthly meetings (MCL 560.168(2)) of the County Plat Board. The date and place of said meetings shall be determined by the members of the Plat Board (see scheduled posted on miottawa.org).
The County Plat Board is composed of the Board Chair, who shall act as chairman; the County Clerk/Register of Deeds, who shall act as Secretary, and the County Treasurer (MCL 560.102 (r)).
All such meetings shall be official meetings of the Ottawa County Plat Board and all discussions and proceedings shall be held under the organization of said Board and in compliance with Act 267 of the Public Acts of 1976, the Open Meetings Act.
Any interested party, member of a governing body involved, owner of the land to be platted and the surveyor or engineer in charge of a subject plat is invited to attend the Plat Board meetings.
Approval of preliminary and final plats shall be conditioned upon compliance with the provisions of the Subdivision Control Act of 1967.
When final plats are submitted they shall be accompanied by:
- The filing and recording fee of $30.00 as of September 1, 2016 (paid to the Clerk/Register of Deeds Office);
- Completed traverse closure;
- Health Department approval of any restrictions;
- A separate recording fee payable to the Clerk/Register of Deeds for recording of the approved restrictions;
- A title policy, dated not more than 30 days prior to submission of the plat, stating that all owners of record (and of any unrecorded ownership interest) have joined in boundaries of the proposed subdivision.
Final plats will be submitted to the Secretary of the Plat Board upon final approval by the appropriate governing body and payment of the prescribed fees. A majority of the Plat Board shall, within 15 days of the date of receipt of the plat, review the same for conformance to all provisions of the Act and certify their approval on all copies, or reject the plat and notify the proprietor in writing of the reasons therefore when returning the plat, also sending a copy of the notification to the Clerk of the appropriate governing body (MCL 560.168).