Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I search for my parcel information?
- How do I find my taxable value or SEV or if I have delinquent taxes or drain assessment?
- How do I get a map or aerial photo of my parcel?
- Where can I buy a Plat Book/Land Atlas?
- How can I get parcel data or other data in a GIS format?
- Shouldn't all the County maps and GIS data be free?
- I have a question about the class of a parcel, or what should the parcel be classed?
What should I do if my deeded legal does not match the tax rolls?
Map out both legal descriptions, they may match but are written differently.
Contact your local assessor for help in verifying the legal description.
How do I read a property legal description?
Take a look at this document from the State of Michigan
What should I do if my survey does not match my neighbors survey and creates overlaps and gaps?
Go to your surveyor and have them go over the survey with you.
I have a legal question about my property. What do I do?
The GIS Team cannot give legal advice. Please contact a property lawyer or legal aid.
How can I get help with a title search?
Take a look at the various documents search tools that the Register of Deeds recommends.
How do I research an easement?
Take a look at the various documents search tools that the Register of Deeds recommends . For utility easement, contact the utility company.
- Who do I contact about my septic/sewer system or about a well?
- Where can I find subdivision plats?
- Where can I get remonumentation data?
- Where can I get historical survey information?
Where can I get information about oil, gas, mining, minerals, and geology?
Take a look at the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality GeoWebFace tool.
Where can I get information about FEMA flood zones?
Take a look at our FEMA Flood Zones application.