Maternal Infant Health Program
Top left to right: Dawn, Sandra, Jael, Kyrian, Kara
Bottom left to right: Becky, Natalie, Devon, Molly
Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)
Home support for pregnant women, new parents and families from a team of social workers, dietitians and nurses. The team provides prenatal, parenting and child development education; along with counseling, nutrition information and help in obtaining needed resources for qualifying individuals.
For program information, call (616) 393-5658 or email email@example.com.
MIHP supports healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
During Pregnancy, we will:
- Help assist with your Medicaid application.
- Connect you with community services for clothing, food and housing.
- Provide education about your developing baby.
- Teach you how to make healthy choices for a healthy pregnancy.
- Assist you with health problems that may affect your baby (e.g., diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression).
- Help you quit or reduce tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse.
- Provide you with travel information to doctor visits.
- Address any concerns you may have about abuse or violence.
(newborns through 12 months)
- Support you with breastfeeding.
- Teach you about safe sleeping.
- Give you immunization information.
- Weigh and measure your baby.
- Help you discover ways to calm your baby.
- Demonstrate infant massage techniques.
- Talk about postpartum depression and self-care.
- Provide counseling services for a healthy family.
- Suggest ways to play and spend time together.
- Explain children’s growth and development.
- Help you find low-cost birth control options.
- Give you nutrition education.
- Bethany Vukusic, Program Supervisor (616) 393-5658
- Sandra Lake, Community Health Manager (616) 393-5753
- Jael Delahuerta, Team Support (616) 393-5764
- Devon Stuit, Medicaid Outreach (616) 393-5731
- Becky Antaya, Registered Dietitian (616) 393-5739
- Molly Dewald, Licensed Master Social Worker (616) 393-4448
- Maria (Lupita) Armijo-Garcia, Social Worker (616) 638-7544
- Natalie Kuntz, Registered Nurse (616) 393-5728
- Dawn Dotson, Registered Nurse (616) 393-5758
- Kyrian Kish, Registered Nurse (616) 393-4446
- Kara Bennett, Registered Nurse, (616) 393-5741
Children’s Health Services
- Children’s Special Health Care Services
- Dental Health
- Hearing & Vision
- Health Insurance Options
- Help Me Grow Ottawa - Connects families with children (birth through age five) to free local resources that help children grow healthy and ready to succeed in school.
- Children's Health Services Flyer
- Welcome Packet | Paquete de Bienvenida
- Parent Family MIHP Information Sheet English
- Parent MIHP Information Sheet Spanish
- Will My Family Benefit from MIHP?