Maternal Infant Health Program
MIHP Team: Jael DelaHuerta, Marissa Lesky, Charly Nienhuis, Kyrian Kish, Becky Antaya, Cynthia Smeyers, Devon Stuit, Dawn Dotson, Molly Dewald and Sandra Lake
Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)
Home support for pregnant women, new parents and families from a team of social workers, dietitians and nurses. The team provides prenatal, parenting and child development education; along with counseling, nutrition information and help in obtaining needed resources for qualifying individuals.
Talk to your health care provider about MIHP. For referrals call (800) 764-4111 or (616) 393-5731. You may also print and fax the Referral Form. For program information, call (616) 393-5758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIHP supports healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
During Pregnancy, we will:
- Help assist with your Medicaid application.
- Connect you with community services for clothing, food and housing.
- Provide education about your developing baby.
- Teach you how to make healthy choices for a healthy pregnancy.
- Assist you with health problems that may affect your baby (e.g., diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression).
- Help you quit or reduce tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse.
- Provide you with travel information to doctor visits.
- Address any concerns you may have about abuse or violence.
(newborns through 12 months)
- Support you with breastfeeding.
- Teach you about safe sleeping.
- Give you immunization information.
- Weigh and measure your baby.
- Help you discover ways to calm your baby.
- Demonstrate infant massage techniques.
- Talk about postpartum depression and self-care.
- Provide counseling services for a healthy family.
- Suggest ways to play and spend time together.
- Explain children’s growth and development.
- Help you find low-cost birth control options.
- Give you nutrition education.
- Dawn Dotson, Program Supervisor (616) 393-5758
- Jael Delahuerta, Team Support (616) 393-5764
- Devon Stuit, Medicaid Outreach (616) 393-5731
- Becky Antaya, Registered Dietitian (616) 393-5739
- Molly Dewald, Licensed Master Social Worker (616) 393-4448
- Cynthia Smeyers, Licensed Master Social Worker (616) 393-5741
- Charly Nienhuis, Registered Nurse (616) 393-5728
- Kyrian Kish, Registered Nurse (616) 393-4446
Children’s Health Services
- Children’s Special Health Care Services
- Dental Health
- Family Planning and Birth Control
- Hearing & Vision
- Health Insurance Options
- Help Me Grow Ottawa - Connects families with children (birth through age five) to free local resources that help children grow healthy and ready to succeed in school.
- Children's Health Services Flyer
- Welcome Packet | Paquete de Bienvenida
- Rights & Responsibilities | Derechos y Responsabilidades
- Grievances | Agravios