The No Cigs for Our Kids Campaign is a multi-county campaign partnership with Allegan, Berrien, Muskegon and Ottawa Counties to reduce youth access to tobacco at area retailers. Components of then campaign include regular law enforcement tobacco compliance checks along with vendor education to retailers who want to avoid selling tobacco products to minors.
On January 14, 2020, the Ottawa County Board of Commissioners approved revisions to the 2008 Ottawa County Regulation Eliminating Smoking in Public and Private Worksites and Public Places. This regulation is now titled the Ottawa County Clean Indoor Air Regulation. The purpose of this regulation is to protect public health and welfare by regulating smoking and the use of any tobacco products in public places and places of employment and recreation. The revisions provide the ability of the Sheriff's Office to enforce these regulations and for progressive penalties for people who violate the regulation. Any individuals found in violation of the ordinance shall be guilty of an infraction, leading to a warning and fines.
- Holland Hospital - Leave the Pack Behind: 616-392-5141
- Zeeland Hospital - Tobacco Free for Good: 616-685-1410
- Perrigo - Discounted Nicotine Replacement Products: 269-673-9753
- Michigan Tobacco Quitline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- My Life My Quit - Free Smoking/Vaping Help for Teens
- QuitSTART iPhone App for Teens
- Tips From Former Smokers