Limited Operations, Procedures and Closures
Beginning June 15, Ottawa County offices are opening to the public. We continue to encourage you to visit our online service center to determine if your service can be fulfilled remotely. We are waiving convenience fees for online services at this time.
We ask the public to follow these safety procedures:
- Stay home if you have any of these symptoms of COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Severe headache
- Sore throat
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- Wear a mask if you are medically able
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the building. Sanitizer is available
- Maintain a 6-foot physical distance between yourself and others
- If a lobby becomes full, we may ask you to wait in your vehicle until we call you for service
The following departments and services are operating by appointment or other conditions, along with the safety procedures listed above:
Clerk | Register of Deeds
- Services are available by appointment only.
- Vitals, Deeds, and Election appointments are at the Fillmore Administrative Building only.
- Circuit Court Records appointments are at the Grand Haven Courthouse only.
- To schedule an appointment:
- Register of Deeds: (616) 994-4510 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elections: (616) 994-4535 | email@example.com
- Circuit Court Records: (616) 846-8315
- Vital Records: (616) 994-4531 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passport Appointments
- More Details
- Records Online or (616) 738-4025
- Fingerprints are available by appointment only. Call 616-738-4025 to schedule appointments.
- Sex Offender Registration transactions must take place in person. You may request an appointment by emailing us at email@example.com
- Local background checks may be submitted at our office. No backgrounds will be processed while you wait. Results will be mailed when completed.
- License to purchase pistol applications may be completed at our office. No purchase permits will be issued while you wait. Approved applications will be mailed when completed.
- Pistol Registration – Please submit by mail only.
- Warrants - Contact the court for direction.
- General Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report re-opening issues and suspected violations.
- Inmate visitation: Beginning June 17, inmate visitation reservations can be scheduled by calling 616-786-4140. The visitations will take place beginning Monday, June 22. In order to follow CDC social distancing guidelines, we have made some modifications to the inmate visitation procedures. If you have any questions regarding the new policies, please contact the jail’s front office staff at 616-786-4140.
- Only one visitor is allowed per visitation. Only the scheduled visitor may enter the facility. There will be no congregating in the front lobby area.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time. Do not enter the building sooner than 10 minutes early.
- Remain six feet from others and masks are required. Masks are not provided.
- Valid identification is required. A valid driver’s license, state ID, or a passport are acceptable forms of identification.
- Only keys and identification are allowed in the visitation area. No other personal property is allowed and lockers are not available. Leave property in your vehicle.
Community Mental Health
- Offices will open on June 15th but those requesting new services are encouraged to call the Access Center to schedule an appointment at 1-877-588-4357
- Existing consumers should call or email their caseworker for assistance
- For Crisis Services call our 24-Hour Helpline at 1-866-512-4357
- CMH COVID-19 Emergency Operations Guide
- Services are available by appointment only
- For clinic health, call (616) 396-5266. Español: (616) 393-5780
- For Environmental Health and sharps containers, call (616) 393-5645
- For other services, contact your community health worker, social worker, or other assigned staff to your case
Resource Recovery Center Locations
Covid-19 Recycling Procedures
- First, we ask that all guests wear a mask. A scarf or bandana can be used as a mask if needed. If you do not have a mask, we will have to ask you to leave and return at a later time with a mask in order to recycle.
- You will be required to check in with a site attendant when arriving to the site, please stay in your car and check in with your window cracked and let the site attendant know the reason for your visit.
- We will have a table with gloves and sanitizer available for residents to use while using the recycling bins.
- We cannot accept trailer loads of hazardous waste or recycling at this time. Please space out and only allow two visitors at a time to use the recycling bins.
- If you are bringing any hazardous waste, please pop your trunk and remain in your car so the site attendant can sort your hazardous waste material.
- If you are bringing a large TV to unload, you will need to wear a mask and gloves.
- If the sites seem busy we ask that you please come back at a later time. If the site is too full, you may be turned away. We understand that many residents have accumulated a large amount of recycling during this time and ask that you please be patient with us as we move into this new process. This has been a challenging and stressful time for everyone.
- Questions? Please call 616-393-5645 or email email@example.com
58th District Court, 20th Circuit Court & Probate Court
- Proceedings will be conducted virtually to the maximum extent possible
- In-person court proceedings will be limited to no more than 10 people
- Pursuant to MCR 8.110(c), members of the public and court employees who refuse to wear required face coverings or adhere to social distancing requirements may be asked to leave the court facility
- Any member of the public who is asked to leave the court facility will be offered an opportunity to conduct court business virtually, attend court proceedings virtually, file documents in an alternative manner, or confer with court administration to determine alternate arrangements for accessing the court
- More Details
Geospatial Insights & Solutions
- For GIS mapping services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 738-4600