7851 Leonard Road
Coopersville, MI 49404
DirectionsFrom Lake Michigan Drive, travel north on 68th Avenue to Leonard Street. Travel 1.4 miles on Leonard Street to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Equestrian trails
- Hiking trails
- Parking lot designed for horse trailers
- Rustic toilets
- Picnic tables
This map shows amenities, parking areas, features and trails. This 229 acre property was once Ottawa County’s “poor farm” providing housing and work for indigent residents. Now an Ottawa County Park, the site is a breathtaking array of rolling open fields, steeply sloped stream corridors, and 1367 feet of Grand River shoreline. Remnants of the past include the 1930's era barn and historic cemetery. Portions of the property are leased to the West Michigan Agriculture Education Center for crop demonstration and public education purposes.
HoursMarch 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm
October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
FeesThere are no entry or launch fees.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.