West Olive, MI 49460
DirectionsFrom Lake Michigan Drive, also known as M-45, travel south on Lakeshore Drive to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Picnic shelter (reservable)
- Kirk Park Lodge (reservable)
- Dog Beach
- Swimming beach (NO LIFEGUARDS)
- Picnic tables & grills
- Scenic Lake Michigan views
- Hiking and ungroomed cross country ski trails
- Horseshoe pit
- Modern restrooms (closed in winter)
- Parking lot
MapThis Map shows amenities, features and trails. Stretching along Lake Michigan's shoreline for over 1/3 mile, this park boasts 68 acres of sandy beach, high bluffs and wooded dunes. Nature trails with wooden stairways wind through the wooded dunes, offering spectacular views of Lake Michigan. A paved path leads to a deck overlooking the beach and Lake Michigan. This is a popular park for swimming, sunbathing, picnicking and cross country skiing.
March 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm
October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- Dog lovers will delight in the off-leash beach at the southernmost area of the park. The area is accessible from the south beach stairs.
- If dogs are not at the dog beach, they are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times. This includes walking to and from the beach.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.