Pigeon Creek Park
12524 Stanton Street
West Olive, MI 49460
From US 31, take Stanton Road and travel three miles east to the park entrance. From 120th Avenue, travel west on Stanton about a half mile.
- Group Camp Area (reservable for groups from recognized organizations)
- Hiking, biking and equestrian trails
- Picnic tables and grills
- Cross country ski trails, lighted and groomed for both traditional and skate skiing
- Ski Lessons
- Sledding hill, lighted (no snowboards)
- Snowshoe trails
- Ski and snowshoe rental
- Modern restrooms
Due to COVID we have adjusted our winter operations and amenities, please visit our winter sports page.
For trail conditions, visit miOttawa.org/trails.
Open All Seasons
- Rustic toilets
- Parking lot
*Barrier free facilities include the lodge, restrooms, pit toilets, picnic tables and grills. About a mile of trail is generally within barrier free standards. The Group Camp Area is fully accessible with barrier free camp sites.
This map shows winter amenities, parking areas, features and trails. (A summer map is also available.) Pigeon Creek Park is 282 acres with another 130 adjacent acres of County Open Space land. Over ten miles of ski trails wind through old pine plantations, mature deciduous forests and through bottomland forests along the Pigeon River (off-trail snowshoeing is allowed).
The park is a popular cross country ski destination with groomed trails for both classic and ski skating. Ski trails are groomed, tracked and reset as needed throughout the day. A sledding hill is also provided. Three miles of ski trails and the sledding hill have are illuminated for evening use. Hiking, dogs, biking, snowshoeing and horseback riding are not allowed on groomed cross country ski trails.
Park Hours & Fees
7am - 10pm year round
The Pigeon Creek Lodge is open only during satisfactory snow conditions. Check the lodge hours
and ski conditions before you visit.
There are no entry or trail fees. Click here for more information about equipment rental, including pricing.
The Pigeon Creek Lodge is open only during satisfactory snow conditions. Check the lodge hours and ski conditions online.
- Dogs are permitted at Pigeon Creek Park during the spring, summer, and fall. Once the trails are groomed for cross country skiing, dogs are not permitted anywhere in the park. Call the administration office with questions.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.