Port Sheldon Natural Area
6260 - 160th Ave - Northeast Entrance
West Olive, MI 49460
5925 160th Ave - Southwest Entrance
West Olive, MI
Please note, Port Sheldon Natural Area is not shown correctly on Google maps. The SW entrance is not shown as “park land” and the layout of the property is incorrect. We have attempted to have Google make this correction. Please refer to this map for the correct property boundaries.
From US-31, travel west on Port Sheldon Road to 160th. Travel south on 160th to the preferred entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Small parking area and information kiosk
- Off-trail hiking and cross-country skiing
- Please be aware that archery deer hunting is allowed at some Open Space Lands. Be mindful of the season when visiting with your pet. Learn more about where hunting is allowed.
- Archery deer hunting. More information
This map shows amenities, parking areas, features and trails. Port Sheldon Natural area is 440 acres including gently rolling terrain, woods, wildlife ponds and Ten Hagen Creek. There are no restroom facilities.
5am to 10pm
The parking area is not plowed in winter.
There are no park fees.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash, year round in Open Space Lands
- Carry a leash with you and maintain voice control of your dog.
- Please be aware that deer hunting (both gun and archery) is allowed at some Open Space Lands. Be mindful of the season when visiting with your pet. Learn more about where hunting is allowed.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Dog policies vary from park to park, please visit the individual park’s page before visiting with your dog.