Van Buren Street Dunes
16780 VanBuren St. (approx.)
West Olive, MI 49460
From US-31, travel four miles west on Van Buren Street to the roadside parking area.
Amenities & Activities
- Small parking area and information kiosk
- Off-trail hiking and cross-country skiing
- Dogs are allowed on or off leash
- Firearm and archery deer hunting. More information
This map shows facilities, parking areas, features and trails. This 120-acre property has natural surface trails meandering through inland dunes, thinned red pine plantations and pockets of deciduous forest.
5am to 10pm
The parking area is not plowed in winter.
There are no entry or launch fees.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash, year round in Open Space Lands
- Carry a leash with you and maintain voice control of your dog.
- Please be aware that deer hunting (both gun and archery) is allowed at some Open Space Lands. Be mindful of the season when visiting with your pet. Learn more about where hunting is allowed.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Dog policies vary from park to park, please visit the individual park’s page before visiting with your dog.