Join the Ottawa County Parks Team Today!
Become a Volunteer.
Volunteers provide a critical service to the County Parks. Our goal is to provide you
with a rewarding and meaningful volunteer experience that contributes to the mission
of Ottawa County Parks & Recreation. Contact Melanie Manion for more information. Or, you
can get started by filling out a Volunteer Application. We will contact you once we receive your application.
Along with the volunteer positions listed below, we are looking for Wind Storm Chasers. The wind storm chaser will be called upon to visit an assigned park following severe weather to check for downed trees blocking trials or other park areas. The chaser reports any issues to parks staff who will clean and make the needed repairs.
Current Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Spring Grove
- Adam Street Landing
- Hemlock Crossing
Pigeon Creek Park Volunteer
Contact Gray Gogolin with questions about current volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer WorkdaysThe public can also help keep the parks beautiful and combat invasive species. We could use your help!
Never volunteered for a stewardship workday before? No problem! Here’s what you should know:
- Bring work gloves (preferably leather), insect repellent and appropriate outdoor gear.
- All necessary tools, drinking water and snacks will be provided.
- No preregistration is required.
- All ages are welcome, however we do ask that those under 16 are supervised by an adult.
- Work days are cancelled if raining.
Do you have more questions? Contact us or call (616) 738-4810.