Join the Ottawa County Parks Team Today!
Become a Volunteer.
Volunteers provide a critical service to the County Parks. Our goal is to provide you with a rewarding and meaningful volunteer experience that contributes to the mission of Ottawa County Parks & Recreation. There are a variety of opportunities for individuals and groups to volunteer in our parks!
- Does your organization, company, or school have a local park they love? Become part of our Adopt-a-Park program! Read more about how Tyson Foods makes a difference at Pigeon Creek.
- Are you a science teacher looking for a place-based learning experience? Ask us about our service-based learning projects! Read more about the impact Kelloggsville Public Schools has made at Hager Park.
- Is your group of friends looking for a way to have fun together and give back to the community? We can schedule you a workday!
- Are you part of a local bootcamp or crossfit group? We have some specific projects for those looking for a challenge!
- The Park Stewards program offers a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the county.
Current Volunteer Job Descriptions
General Park Volunteer
- Administrative Support
- General Maintenance
- Park Monitor
- Sign Painting
- Trail Construction
- Trail Tender
- Park Steward
Grand Ravines Dog Park
Contact Gray Gogolin with questions about current volunteer opportunities.
The public can also help keep the parks beautiful and combat invasive species. We could use your help!
Never volunteered for a stewardship workday before? No problem! Here’s what you should know:
- Bring work gloves (preferably leather), insect repellent and appropriate outdoor gear.
- All necessary tools, drinking water and snacks will be provided.
- No preregistration is required.
- All ages are welcome, however we do ask that those under 16 are supervised by an adult.
- Work days are cancelled if raining.
To see all of our workday dates, check out the online calendar.
Do you have more questions? Contact us or call (616) 738-4810.