Jenison, MI 49428
From Cottonwood, take Taylor Street east. Turn North on 12th Avenue to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Small parking area and information kiosk
- Off-trail hiking and cross-country skiing
- Dogs are allowed on or off leash
- Future trailhead of the Idema Explorers Trail
- Archery deer hunting. More information
This Map shows amenities, parking areas, features and trails. Following two expansions in 2020, the Bend Area is 421 acres of mostly wooded land and nearly two miles of Grand River frontage. There are no designated trails or restrooms.
The Bend Area Open Space is a key property along the Grand River Greenway, which is an effort to create a model ecological and cultural corridor along the river in Ottawa County. Additional details and background about the Grand River Greenway project and the Bend Area Open Space can be found here.
Hours5am to 10pm
The parking area is not plowed in winter.
There are no entry or launch fees.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash, year round in Open Space Lands
- Carry a leash with you and maintain voice control of your dog.
- Please be aware that deer hunting (both gun and archery) is allowed at some Open Space Lands. Be mindful of the season when visiting with your pet. Learn more about where hunting is allowed.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Dog policies vary from park to park, please visit the individual park’s page before visiting with your dog.