Connor Bayou - Woodland Cabin
Facility tours require advance appointments and are based on the facility schedule. Call the Guest Services Supervisor at (616) 368-7587 to make an appointment.
Each reservation, or potential reservation, has the option to take one free 30-minute tour of a facility. Anyone involved in your event can attend this tour including caterer, decorator, etc. Any additional tours requested will be charged a $25 fee/each.
- Log cabin overlooking the Grand River
- Kitchen with refrigerator, electric stove, microwave, 22-cup coffee pot, and sink.
- Kitchen wares not provided
- Covered pavilion with four picnic tables, serving table, and charcoal grill (Charcoal not provided).
- Three unisex-accessible restrooms
- Two rooms upstairs with soft seating and vanity
- Heated/air-conditioned and electrical outlets throughout the building
- Fully accessible
- Lower-level cement patio with walk-out basement partially covered by deck
- Beer and wine permitted only when served by a bartending service pre-approved by Ottawa County Parks.
- Set-up and tear down are included in rental time
- Gas fireplace
Rental Times & Fees
Available for Rent Year Round
Indoor Capacity: 50 | Outdoor Capacity: 150
|Monday-Thursday||8:00am - 9:30pm||$200* / $50 per additional hour||$272* / $68 per additional hour|
|Friday-Sunday, Holidays||10:00am - 9:30pm||$390* / $65 per additional hour||$528* / $88 per additional hour|
*Base rate includes 4 hours Mon-Thu/6 hours Fri-Sun + Holidays | $250 refundable security deposit required
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- There is a fee to bring in an amusement (such as a bouncy house) and these items must be approved in advance. Proof of liability insurance and a completed liability release form are required. Please contact the Parks Office for more information.
- Larger/specialty appliances are not allowed, such as cotton candy, popcorn, or ice cream machines. No more than one appliance is allowed per plug, including crock pots. Please do not use power strips for appliances, or the circuit breaker may trip.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
Set-up, decorating, and clean-up must be done within your rental time period. All decorations must remain within your rental area. All decorations, including any portable furniture/ structures, such as trellises, podiums, etc., must be contained within your rental area, must be completely removable and must not damage park property or trees in any way.
Aisle runners and portable dance floors are allowed but must be removed immediately following the reservation time period and may not be left overnight.
Wire stake signs are allowed at the entrance to the facility to indicate your event during your reservation time only. Signs and balloons may not be stapled, nailed, tied, or taped to light poles or park signs. It is the responsibility of the reservation holder to remove all signs at the end of the event.
What Is NOT Allowed
- No piñatas
- No flames/fire, including candles, tiki torches, sparklers, lanterns, firecrackers/fireworks, portable fire pits.
- Anything that could cause damage or leave evidence after the event, including but not
- NO Adhesives, including masking tape, scotch tape, duct tape, glue, hot glue, painters tape or 3M command strips.
- Sidewalk chalk, paint, color bombs
- Objects/lanterns released into air/water
- Sprinkled decorations of any kind, including confetti, glitter, birdseed, rice, or artificial flower petals
- Tacks, staples, nails, screws, zip ties or anything that would damage structures or trees
- Ground cover or any material that could suffocate grass
- Free-floating balloons. Balloons must be securely tied to weights and must be taken home with you. (do not stuff inflated balloons in trash bags)
What IS Allowed
- LED or battery-powered candles
- Bubbles in spill-proof containers
- Real flower petals
- Potted plants and flower arrangements (real or artificial)
- Draped decorations, such as tulle or garland
- Free-standing decorations
- Sterno heating cans for buffet-style trays
- Wire stake signs are allowed at the entrance to the facility to indicate your event during your reservation time only (It is the responsibility of the reservation holder to remove all signs at the end of the event).
Tables & Chairs
- Main floor: four 4' round tables and five 5' round tables
- Lower level: seven 6' long rectangle tables
- Bistro tables - five
- Tables and chairs may be used indoors or on deck, porch, or patio, but they may not be used in any grassy area outdoors. If used outside, they must be moved back before end of reservation by the guest.
Tent companies should setup/take down on the same day as the reservation. All tent companies should schedule their times with the Guest Services Supervisor: 616-368-7587.
Tents may be set up and torn down any time that DAY, as long as they are aware they may not enter the building until their specified time. To inquire on pickup times outside of your paid reservation time please contact the Guest Services Supervisor at 616-368-7587 to discuss options.
Electricity available in the tent set up area. We provide a special adapter for this electrical upon request.
Approved Tent Vendors
Grill & Pig Roast
Charcoal grill available (Charcoal not provided).
May be used outdoors if kept on cement, gravel, or paved surface. Must have pan underneath to catch drippings. All waste from grilling/smoking/roasting including bones and grease must be removed from the site after the event. Please do not use our dumpster.
Alcoholic Beverages & Rules
Ottawa County Parks pre-approved bartending service required if alcohol is to be served or present at an event. Contact the Parks Office for more information.
The presence of alcoholic beverages not being served by an Ottawa County Parks pre-approved bartending service at an event will result in forfeiture of your security deposit and possible event closure.
Reservations including beer and wine require the following:
- $250 refundable alcohol security deposit
- Ottawa County Parks pre-approved licensed bartending service
- Bars by Butch: (616) 485-2011
- Distinctive Catering: (616) 538-4384
- Mugs Party Store: (616) 850-0520
- Naber & Girls: (616) 594-6618
- Catered Creations: (616) 361-6165
- All applicable state and local laws and ordinances are in effect
- No underage drinking is allowed
- Beer and wine only
- Alcohol consumption must cease 30 minutes prior to the end of an event
- No cash bars or sale of drink tickets are allowed
A staff person will meet you at the time listed on your reservation confirmation form.
If you wish to request an arrival time that is earlier than the facility's scheduled opening time or change an arrival time, at least two weeks' notice is required. Please notify the Parks Office. Additional fees will apply. We are not able to accommodate early arrival requests with less than two weeks' notice.
Parks Staff Responsibilities & Services
- Staff will have the facility clean, setup and open at your arrival time.
- Staff will have tables and chairs set up. You may rearrange them but need to return them to their original locations at the end of the reservation.
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Cleanup instructions are available at the facility as a guide to follow at the end of your event.
- We ask that you leave the facility in the condition you found it, including bagging all trash and depositing in the dumpster located in the parking lot. If you need assistance with this task let the staff person know when you arrive.
If the person renting a facility cancels the reservation, the following policy applies
- 61+ days prior to the reservation: 80% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 31 to 60 days prior to the reservation: 50% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 0 to 30 days prior to the reservation: Reservation fee will not be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled. 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- No show, no call, or cancellation after the reservation date: Neither the reservation fee nor the deposit will be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled.
Exceptions to cancellation policy
- If the facility is unavailable due to a building maintenance issue (e.g. a fire, plumbing or HVAC issue, etc.), a natural disaster, pandemic, government restriction, or other problem outside of the control of both Ottawa County Parks and the renter, the renter would be offered a 90% refund of the reservation fee and 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost, or the funds may be placed on account for a future reservation, park program, or merchandise.
- If Ottawa County Parks chooses to cancel the reservation for any reason not listed above, 100% of all fees will be refunded, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost.