West Olive, MI 49460
Take US-31 to Stanton Street and travel west to Lakeshore Avenue. Travel south on Lakeshore to Olive Shore Avenue. Travel south on Olive Shore to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Swimming beach (NO LIFEGUARDS)
- Hiking trails & boardwalks
- Stairways & decks with scenic views of Lake Michigan
- Picnic tables
- Modern restrooms
- Paved parking area
Open April 1 until the first snowfall: 7am to 10pm
This map shows amenities, parking areas, features and trails. This mostly wooded 20-acre site includes a mature beech-maple-hemlock forest, a steep dune formation, and 738’ of Lake Michigan frontage. Improvements completed in 2012 include a paved parking area, modern restrooms, a barrier-free trail loop, and an extensive series of stairs and boardwalks traversing the dune and providing access to the sandy beach. Decks provide seating and views of Lake Michigan and host a display highlighting the property as the site of a scene from the Tom Hanks movie, "Road to Perdition."
Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Learn more »
- Dogs are not allowed at Olive Shores.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted.
- Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs off leash to run and play freely, so be sure to read about these sites.
Dog policies vary from park to park, so please check each park's webpage carefully for rules. If you would like to take your dog to the beach, consider visiting Kirk Park’s off-leash dog beach.