The Art Trust tangibly demonstrates the importance of creativity and culture to Ottawa County while preserving a legacy of assets for generations to come.
County and the Holland Area Arts Council are joining forces to establish the Ottawa County Art Trust. An art trust will allow the County to build a collection of works to be both displayed and cataloged for generations to come.
Ottawa County Art Trust Exhibition
To launch the initiative and build the trust, Ottawa County and the Holland Area Arts Council are holding the first Ottawa County Art Trust Exhibition. Local artists are invited to enter their Ottawa County themed works in a juried exhibition located in the County’s Administration Building. The exhibition will be open to the public beginning June 21. Former Ottawa County Judge and Professional Photographer Edward Post will serve as juror. Ed Post became a serious photographer 30 years ago after attending the first of several workshops. Since that time, Ed has worked and studied to hone his skills, concentrating mainly on landscape and nature photography. Ed leads workshops, hosts photo tours and lectures frequently. Ed Post's work has been widely published and he has received numerous awards.
Building the Trust:
Up to three works from the exhibition will be selected and become part of the permanent art collection of Ottawa County. In addition, businesses and private individuals may purchase works to be donated to the Art Trust collection. Sponsors and residents will be encouraged to purchase works for the collection in the honor of another and a special honorarium tag will be added to the work and cataloged.
2018 Prospectus & Call for ArtistsWho is eligible to enter the Ottawa County Art Trust Exhibition?
This exhibition is open to Ottawa County residents or property owners ages 18 years and older.
- Number of Entries: An Artist may submit up to two original works in any medium except video, reflecting the rich range of cultural traditions, activities or natural features that represent life in Ottawa County.
- Eligible Entries: Only original works completed in the last three years are eligible. Commercial reproductions will not be accepted. Traditional print media, photography and digital art are not considered reproductions. 2-D pieces may not exceed 48" high by 60" wide, and 3-D pieces may not exceed 6‘ high x 3‘ wide. Only work easily handled by two people will be accepted.
- Bio: Artists must also email a bio, no more than two paragraphs to email@example.com
- Fees: There is a $15 entry fee for one or two works. You may pay personal check, money order or pay in cash to Payable to Holland Area Arts Council.
- Art Sales: Purchase awards will be subject to a 30% commission to the Holland Area Arts Council and a 10% Ottawa Art Trust for a total of 40%. Price your work up accordingly.
- Entry Condition: Works must be ready for presentation. Artwork must be framed securely with a wire. No saw tooth hangers. An unframed gallery wrapped canvas with a depth of 1.5” with a wire is acceptable. Any works improperly framed without a wire will not be accepted. Works must not be wet to the touch. Unsuitably prepared, framed or hazardous, or unstable works will be declined. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- Art Drop-off: Be sure to label your works and complete an entry form. Works may be dropped off from 10am-3pm on June 13 and June 14 at the Fillmore Complex Administration Building, 12220 Fillmore Street, West Olive, MI 49460. Use Parking Lot C and enter the main lobby.
- Liability: Reasonable care will be given to the artwork delivered, but neither Ottawa County and its agents or HAAC assume liability for loss or damage of the artwork while in its possession.
- Publicity: By submitting your work you authorize Ottawa County and HAAC the use of your images for promotion.
- Accepted Works Pick-up Date: The exhibit ends August 25. Pick up date is August 27 between 10am & 3pm.
- Please complete the Submission Form including labels.
- Artists with questions should contact Mary Sundstrom, Artistic Director, Holland Area Arts Council, email@example.com
- June 13 & 14: Art drop-off. 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- June 16: Juror’s results emailed to artists.
- June 18: Unaccepted work pick-up. 12:00 pm - 5:00pm
- June 21: Exhibition opens (Reception, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm)
- August 25: Exhibition ends
- August 27: Art pick-up. 10:00 am - 5:00 pm