Sobriety Treatment Program
"Saving Lives, Reuniting Families & Improving Communities."Alma Valenzuela, Program Coordinator
Phone: (616) 355-4314
Judge Craig Bunce
- Grand Haven District Court: 414 Washington Ave. Grand Haven, Michigan 49417
- Review Times: Tuesdays 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- For the Grand Haven program email or fax applications to:
Ottawa County Prosecutor
Att: Jon Scheuerle
414 Washington Ave,
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Fax: (616) 846-8178
- Probation Officer:
Phone: (616) 846-8268
|2018 Grand Haven Review Session Schedule|
|January 9||March 27||June 5||August 16* (Thurs.)||October 23|
|January 23||April 10||June 19||August 28||November 6|
|February 6||April 24||July 3||September 11||November 20|
|February 20||May 8||July 17||September 25||December 4|
|March 6||May 22||July 31||October 9||December 18|
*The Grand Haven Sobriety Treatment Program meets Tuesdays from 2:00pm - 4:00pm unless otherwise specified.*
Judge Susan Jonas
- Holland District Court: 85 W. 8th St. Holland, MI 49423
- Review Times: Wednesdays 10:00am - 11:00 am & 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- For the Holland program mail or fax applications to:
Ottawa County Prosecutor
Att: Lee Fisher
85 West 8th Street, Suite 130
Holland, MI 49423
Fax: (616) 355-4336
- Probation Officers:
Phone: (616) 355-4352
Phone: (616) 355-4348
|2018 Holland Review Session Schedule|
|May 23 - 3 Weeks||June 6|
|June 20||July 11 - 3 Weeks|
|July 18 - 1 Week||August 1|
|August 8 - 1 Week||August 29 - 3 Weeks|
|September 12||September 26|
|October 10||October 24|
|November 7||November 21|
|December 5||December 19|
What is STP
- A program for individuals with OWI-II convictions.
- Assistance to maintain an alcohol/drug free lifestyle.
- A team approach for supervision.
- Regular court appearances.
- A combination of incentives and sanctions to change behavior.
- Substance abuse treatment.
- An opportunity to make positive lifestyle changes.
Who is eligible for STP?
- Defendant must be an Ottawa County resident or residing within the Court's jurisdiction. Transfers are accepted from other counties as long as the defendant resides in Ottawa County.
- The defendant must have a serious pattern of substance abuse or dependency.
- The offense is alcohol or drug related or where the offense had an underlying substance abuse issue.
- The defendant may not have serious mental health or medical issues which would impede him or her from completing the program successfully.
- The defendant may not have a history of violent offenses.
- All defendants who request entrance into the STP must enter a guilty plea to a misdemeanor or felony punishable by at least one year in jail. Preference is given to OWI-II and OWI-III offenders.
Why participate in STP?
- Possible No jail or reduced jail.
- Extended time to pay court fines/costs
- Treatment for your substance abuse problem
- Assistance with needs that your family may encounter.
- Continuous support to help in your alcohol/drug free lifestyle.
- Possible restricted license for OWI-II and OWI-III offenses.
How to participate in STP?
The prosecutor is the "gatekeeper" for determining who is legally eligible for entry into the program.
Attorneys, or potential participants, must fill out an application screening form and submit it to the prosecutor's office for review.
If the candidate passes the legal screening, the prosecutor's office will notify the Probation Department, who will then schedule an interview with the potential participant.
How will I be notified of acceptance or denial into the program?
The probation department will send a notice of approval to the defense attorney or defendant. The Court will also be notified to schedule a sentence date on the next possible opening, which could be within a week.
Participants are required to appear in court on a regular basis. The number of times depends on the phase the participant is in. Review sessions for the Holland program are held every other Wednesday. Review sessions for the Grand Haven program are held every other Tuesday. Review sessions are open to the public.
Application for Screening
Participant Agreement Spanish
Participant Handbook - Holland
Participant Handbook - Grand Haven
Participant Handbook Spanish
MOU for Out of County Transfers