What Does the Hiring Process Look Like at Ottawa County?
Applications submitted through the GovernmentJobs.com website are forwarded directly to the hiring managers for review. They are retained for one year but are not considered for future openings. Your application should be submitted no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date, as indicated for each position. If a position is listed as "Continuous," it means that applications are still being accepted for that position, though interviews may be currently in progress.
Applications submitted through the mail will not be honored and unsolicited applications will not be considered for future openings.
To help with the application process, please have the following information available:
- Education experience: name(s) of school, college, or university; degree completed; course of study.
- Previous employment: name of up to three current or previous employers; address; name and phone number of supervisor; dates of employment; beginning and ending salary or wages
- Professional references: name, company, title, address, and phone number of up to three references
- Personal information: driver's license or state ID number.
- Additional attachments: Resume and cover letter strongly encouraged, additional attachments may include school transcripts, licensures, letters of recommendation, class schedule, publications, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at (616) 738-4800.
How to Apply
Review job opportunities and apply online here.
Hiring Process and Information
Apply for a position.
View employment opportunities HERE.
Hiring committee reviews applications.
This could take one week to a few months. Candidates are contacted for interviews.
Interviews and assessments are conducted.
A conditional offer of employment is made or additional interviews are scheduled.
Conditional offers move to full offers upon the completion of background checks, references, and other reviews. Applicants are then notified that the position is filled.
Interviews may be held at any Ottawa County building. However, most interviews are held at the Human Resources Department in the Fillmore Administrative Building located at:
Ottawa County Human Resources Department
12220 Fillmore Street, Room 359
West Olive, MI 49460
To view a map of the Fillmore Campus, please click here. For interviews at the Fillmore Administrative Building, please take driveway C and park in the visitor lot.