Walk-in Days at the Friend of the Court
Grand Haven office (main office): Wednesday 8:00am - Last walk-in will be seen at 4:30pm.
Holland office: Monday 8:00am - Noon & 1:00pm - 4:30pm.
Department OverviewThe Friend of the Court Office is part of the 20th Judicial Circuit Court - Family Division (herein referred to as "Family Court") and is responsible for protecting the rights and interests of the children in domestic relations matters.
The Friend of the Court Office has the following statutory duties:
- To investigate, report, and recommend to the Family Court which parent should have custody of minor children.
- To enforce all child support orders, including medical support orders, entered by the Family Court.
- To insure that children's rights to parenting time with the non-custodial parents are protected, and to enforce parenting time rights ordered by the Family Court when parenting time is denied.
NEW PRACTICE: HAVE A WARRANT?
If you have a warrant, you may come in on your warrant to the FOC in the Grand Haven Courthouse Monday – Friday from 7:30am – 4:15pm. If you appear outside of these hours, you may not be able to meet with someone. You may also turn yourself in to your local law enforcement agency or at the Ottawa County Jail.
- Jennell L. Challa, Friend of the Court
- Matthew J. Schmid, Assistant Friend of the Court - Field Services
- Kathy E. Winston, Assistant Friend of the Court - Internal Operations