Monday & Wednesday are walk in days at the Friend of the Court
Grand Haven office (main office): Wednesday 7:30am - Last walk-in will be seen at 4:30pm.
Holland office: Monday 8:00am - Noon & 1:00pm - 4:30pm.
Looking for Work
Department OverviewThe Friend of the Court Office is part of the 20th Judicial Circuit Court - Family Division (herein referred to as "Family Court") and is responsible for protecting the rights and interests of the children in domestic relations matters.
The Friend of the Court Office has the following statutory duties:
- To investigate, report, and recommend to the Family Court which parent should have custody of minor children.
- To enforce all child support orders, including medical support orders, entered by the Family Court.
- To insure that children's rights to parenting time with the non-custodial parents are protected, and to enforce parenting time rights ordered by the Family Court when parenting time is denied.
- Jennell L. Challa, Friend of the Court
- Matthew J. Schmid, Assistant Friend of the Court - Field Services
- Kathy E. Winston, Assistant Friend of the Court - Internal Operations
Notice of Friend of the Court Annual Statutory Review
ANNUAL REVIEW OF PERFORMANCE RECORD OF THE FRIEND OF THE COURT
Pursuant to Michigan law, the chief circuit judge annually reviews the performance record of the friend of the court. The review will be conducted on or about July 1, 2017. This review is limited by law to the following criteria: whether the friend of the court is guilty of misconduct, neglect of statutory duty, or failure to carry out the written orders of the court relative to a statutory duty; whether the purposes of the Friend of the Court Act are being met; and whether the duties of the friend of the court are being carried out in a manner that reflects the needs of the community. Members of the public may submit written comments to the chief judge relating to these criteria. Send your written comments, with your name and address, to Hon. Jon A. Van Allsburg, 414 Washington Street, Grand Haven, MI 49417-1478.
24 Hour Case Information Line
Grand Haven Office
414 Washington Avenue Room #225
Grand Haven, MI 49417
(ATM on 2nd Floor)
- Grand Haven Phone:
Grand Rapids Phone:
FAX: (616) 846-8128 Interpreter Services:
Monday - Friday:
7:30am - 5:00pm
- 85 West 8th Street
Holland, MI 49423
8:00am - 12:00pm
& 1:00pm - 4:30pm
No appointment needed