Ottawa County offices will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2024 in observance of Memorial Day.

Ottawa County Friend of the Court

Attorney Information

Holiday Parenting Time Schedule (average 12 overnights each parent):

Holiday parenting time takes precedence over the regular parenting time schedule (Regular parenting time shall occur up until holiday parenting time begins and then at the conclusion of holiday parenting time, regular parenting time shall resume) . The following holidays should be exercised with the times given below:

Our mailing address is: Ottawa County Friend of the Court, 414 Washington Ave., Room 225, Grand Haven, MI 49417

Approval of Judgments of Divorce/Uniform Child Support/Spousal Support Orders - please present these documents to the Friend of the Court for approval in advance of the court date (preferably allow one week for their review and approval).  Many times corrections need to be made before the documents may be approved. Please be advised that immediate approval of these documents does not take priority over other FOC duties and responsibilities.

Attorneys and their staff may contact the FOC directly at 616-846-8310 and follow the prompts to the attorney line.

Client Employer Information is needed for an IWO - Please advise your clients who are ordered to pay child support that if they do not provide the FOC with the name and address of their employer, no Income Withholding Order will be sent out. Payers will still be responsible for paying their monthly obligations and will need to send payments directly to MiSDU (Michigan Disbursement Unit) or make cash payments at the FOC until an income withholding order is in effect. Clients must identify payments to MiSDU with their case number and payer name.

Friend of the Court Payment Options - Friend of the Court Payment Options – The FOC accepts cash payments, and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Debit) using GovPay, Payments may be made at FOC locations in Grand Haven, Holland, or GovPayNow , or by telephone at 1-888-604-7888. Please use pay location code 8829 to process your payment through GovPay. FOC do not accept checks, money orders, or cashier checks. Staff will forward these payments by mail to the MiSDU.

Custody Motions - If an attorney is unfamiliar with the custody process in Ottawa County, the attorney may contact the Friend of the Court office for more information and for forms used in filing a pre-judgment or post-judgment motion to change custody. Non-attorneys are directed to the Legal Self-Help Center in the Grand Haven Courthouse for forms and instructions regarding the custody process.