The purpose of this pre-qualification process is to develop and maintain a list of pre-qualified contractors to perform non-petitioned maintenance work on behalf of the Ottawa County Water Resources Commission and the various drainage districts under the jurisdiction of the Ottawa County Water Resources Commission.
To be eligible to contract for non-petitioned drain maintenance that is not undergoing the bidding process, a contractor must submit an application to the Water Resources Commissioner, which at a minimum includes:
- Proof of Registering as a County Vendor
- Proof of Worker’s Compensation or Exemption
- List of Contractor’s Available Equipment
- Reference List
The Water Resources Commissioner shall have complete discretion in approving or denying an application based on the totality of the information provided in the application.
Upon approval of an application, the Contractor shall be placed on the Pre-Qualified Contractor List, which shall be posted on the Water Resources Commissioner’s or County’s website. This list shall be updated annually.
A contractor may be removed from the Pre-Qualification List upon:
- Contractor’s request to be removed, or termination of a Contractor’s legal entity; or
- Contractor’s failure to sustain any of the above required criteria evaluated in the application process.
- Water Resources Commissioner’s determination, at his/her sole discretion, that contractor has failed to demonstrate quality or timely performance of work under a contract with a drainage district or under any other contract for similar work.