Facility Rental FAQ's
How do I pay?
Online reservations require immediate payment by Visa or Mastercard. All fees are due at the time the reservation is made.
How far in advance can I make my reservation?
Reservations can be made up to one year in advance.
What is your cancellation policy?
If the person renting a facility cancels the reservation, the following policy applies:
- 61+ days prior to the reservation: 80% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 31 to 60 days prior to the reservation: 50% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 0 to 30 days prior to the reservation: Reservation fee will not be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled. 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- No show, no call, or cancellation after the reservation date: Neither the reservation fee nor the deposit will be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled.
What if I need to change my date?
Please contact the Parks Office at 616-738-4810 to inquire about date changes.
If I have a reservation at a park with an entrance fee, do I still have to
pay the fee?
Yes, unless you have an Ottawa County Parks annual motor vehicle permit. View more information about fees.
Can I have a bouncy house/moonwalk (amusement)?
Many sites allow these type of items; however, some sites have restrictions about where amusements may be located and whether they may be staked or must be sandbagged. In addition, all amusements require proof of liability insurance and a signed indemnification form. Contact the parks office for more detail.
Can I have alcohol at my event?
Not at most reservation sites. Beer and wine are only allowed by special permit at the Pine Bend Weaver House, Grand Ravines Lodge, Connor Bayou Woodland Cabin, and the Nature Center at Hemlock Crossing Park. A refundable $250 alcohol security deposit is required. The presence of alcohol at an event at one of these locations without a special permit will result in forfeiture of your security deposit and possible event closure. If you have alcohol in a facility that does not permit it, you and/or your guests may receive civil infractions, and your event could be shut down.
Can I bring my pet to a reservation?
No, pets are not allowed in any rental areas or buildings. Assistance dogs are allowed if working and must be in uniform.
Can I have a food truck?
Yes, a food truck may cater your event with the following qualifications:
- They must pay for a daily or annual motor vehicle permit.
- They must park in a parking spot.
- They need to park so that their window allows for your guests to line up in the grass or sidewalk, and not the parking lot.
- They cannot dispose of food preparation waste on site.