Dog Rules & Info
We are happy to report that the Grand Ravines Dog Park is now open in
Learn more and view the park map.
Ottawa County Parks & Recreation welcomes dogs to most of its properties! A few rules are in place to ensure all of our guests are comfortable while visiting the parks. These rules also protect wildlife and many fragile, natural features of the properties. If you fail to obey them, you risk being ticketed.
- Dogs must be controlled on leashes ten foot or less, except in off-leash
- Leave no trace of your dog. Clean up and dispose of animal waste
- Dogs displaying vicious or aggressive behavior will be asked to
- Pets are not permitted in buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters,
- Leader dogs for those with disabilities are permitted
in all areas at all times following leash laws.
- Seasonal restrictions apply at some properties. Check the guidelines for your preferred park. Print the Guide. Dogs are never allowed at Rosy Mound Natural
Area, Olive Shores, Mt. Pisgah and the stairs at North Ottawa Dunes. Dogs are not allowed anywhere in Pigeon
Creek Park while there is snow on the ground. (Leader dogs are allowed.)
- Michigan law requires that your dog is licensed.
Licenses can be purchased from Ottawa
- Please review the Grand Ravines Dog Park Rules before visiting the park.
- Do not assume other park visitors want to be greeted by your dog.
- Even in off-leash areas, carry a leash with you and maintain voice control of your dog.
- If your dog is acting aggressive or not heeding your commands, leave. Even good dogs have bad days.
- Consider visiting with your pet on a week day when parks are less likely to be busy.